Today I’m sharing a few laundry tips with you in hopes that your whites get whiter and your darks get brighter!
- Add a little salt to the wash when you add the detergent, it will brighten faded clothes.
- Add dark coffee or tea to the rinse cycle when washing black clothing only. It will restore the color in the clothing. A dryer sheet in the dryer will take away any coffee or tea smell.
- Use a dryer sheet for at least two loads, often time they’ll last up to four. Once the scent is gone it works great as a dust cloth.
- Place a clean, dry towel in the dryer with the wash. It will absorb the moisture and clothes dry faster.
- Another way to brighten colorful loads is to add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Instead of a mesh bag, wash delicate bras/underwear/lingerie in a pillowcase and knot it at the top.
- Toss a wet towel into the dryer, if clothes were left there and became wrinkled, and re-dry the load.
- Wash clothing inside out to prevent pilling.
Share any additional tips or suggestions you might have whether it be laundry cleaning, organizing or even making the process move faster…I’m so thankful that Al does the laundry!