This is our new favorite dessert. I won’t lie. We love ice cream. Okay I really won’t lie, I LOVE ICE CREAM and have convinced my dear Al that no life should ever be without it. So he loves it now too. I mean he liked it before but after he married me he basically married ice cream too.
I recently discovered this recipe (originally found in Self Magazine) and we’ve already made it twice this week because it’s so easy and so delicious. I promise I’ll start using my real camera again. These pictures don’t do this recipe justice. Just trust me it’s SO GOOD!
- 12 ounces nonfat or 1% plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (I used plain 1%) frozen in an ice-cube tray
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces and frozen
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips (or more if you're like me)
- In a blender or food processor (food processor worked best, I tried both) combine frozen bananas and frozen yogurt cubes and mix well. You'll have to keep scraping down the sides of the container to push the mixture towards the blades. At first it's very thick. (You'll notice that I just blobbed my yogurt on to wax paper. I found it much easier than the ice-cube tray method. Both the yogurt and bananas peeled right off the wax paper.)
- Add the peanut butter and continue mixing until all is a soft serve ice cream consistency. Pour the entire mixture into a bowl or container and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Depending on the consistency you prefer you can either eat it or freeze it for a little longer. I like it frozen longer, Al doesn't so we meet in the middle and freeze it for 10-15 minutes. Usually the bottom, top and sides are a harder ice cream and the middle is soft serve like.