Seriously, take my word. It’s delicious.
Here’s the recipe and the trick is to use dark chocolate cocoa powder, makes it so much richer tasting.
The MOST Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipe
Write a review
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 6 heaping tablespoons Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- dash of salt (I added a bit more than a dash because we love salty/sweet combo)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar, cocoa and salt together and set aside.
- Heat the milk on low to medium heat, constantly stirring so it doesn't stick, until hot.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture to the milk and continue stirring. There might be clumps so keep stirring. I used a fork to whisk it and break up the clumps.
- Once well stirred mix in the vanilla. Top with marshmallows, whip cream, add Bailey's...whatever you like.
- DRINK! And then get sad because it's gone.
Everyday Originals http://everydayoriginals.com/