Hello dear readers and Happy New Year! I’ve enjoyed some fabulous time off from work and blogging and am now back at it. How were your holidays? We enjoyed our trip back home, which was a surprise to everyone! We spent five days with our family and friends and had a blast. We rang in the New Year with friends here in Denver and now we Thomason’s are ready to hit the ground running in 2013!
I’m psyched for this year. To be completely honest it’s because 13 is my favorite number, so that means I need to make this year awesome, right? For other reasons though, I’m psyched for what’s ahead for us. We’re both enjoying our new jobs, our new location and home and we’re excited for what the year has in store for us.
I’ve reached a point where I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel with this broken foot, which excites me for all the fun things we’ll get to do once I’m completely healed. So, all in all good attitudes going into 2013 and we plan to keep it that way!
A quick look back at the success or lack there of on the 2012 resolutions:
1. Stomach – this is always a resolution and each year I get better and better at managing it.
2. Kill the sleeping with a fan – does it count if I’ve moved to sleeping to the noise of an air purifier? I will say, though I still sleep with noise (hey, the city is loud at night!) I’ve gotten better at not relying on it like when in a hotel or when we’ve stayed with family or friends.
3. Sell the car – Done.
4. Wake by 6:15 – ongoing battle, but getting better at it.
5. Use our small appliances – definitely use the food processor and Kitchen Aid mixer a whole lot more than I ever did. Still working on that fryer, Seth, but don’t worry, it will happen.
6. Going even more green – we’re almost green professionals. More on how we’re going green more and more with each day later.
Not too bad. I’d give myself a pat on the back. All things are still ongoing but we’ve made some positive changes in the past year. Up next, 2013 resolutions…or lack there of!
What are you guys resolving to in 2013? Exercising? Cooking more? Waking up early? Getting organized? I’d love to know!