My first attempt at gluten-free chocolate chip cookies was pretty good! Sharing the details below, found and adapted from Design. Bake. Run.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1/2 stick (4 oz) butter, softened or melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur brand)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°f. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter (or melt butter in microwave safe bowl) and sugar together.
- Add in the egg. Once mixed, add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix well and add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a tablespoon portion and roll into a ball for perfect circular cookies. Place two inches from each other as they will spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes, more or less depending on if you prefer chewy or crunchy cookies.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Eat and enjoy! Makes 18-20 cookies. Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
Everyday Originals http://everydayoriginals.com/