After posting about my makeup organization I received some questions about my organic makeup. So I thought I’d put together a post of my incredibly simple makeup collection. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, the usual tinted moisturizer, blush and mascara. On the weekends or if we’re heading out somewhere I’ll add in the eyeliner and sometimes shadow. I usually always have a gloss on me.
The majority of my makeup is Physicians Formula Organic Wear and I love it. I’ve used it for about three years after trying out loads of different natural and organic makeups. Everything from Bare Minerals to expensive Sephora bought organic makeups (I can’t recall the brand, clearly wasn’t too memorable!). It’s the one organic makeup that stays put, is light on my face, doesn’t cause reactions and is inexpensive. I have a few items that are non-organic that I plan to swap out in the coming month or two.
I’ve bought all of mine at CVS or Walgreens, usually because they have sales on it and there are often coupons for it as well. Another added tip – usually after Christmas at the beginning of January I can get Organic Wear for 50-70% off at the pharmacy because they’re clearing out for the new inventory. I usually stock up then and it lasts me all year.
I’ll buy 3-4 mascaras, 2-3 powders, etc. I do always check the expiration dates before stocking up on makeup because it does expire! I’ve also bought a few items on drugstore.com when they didn’t have in store what I was looking for. Either way, it’s always inexpensive no matter where I get it.
Below I’ve created a numbered list of my makeup collection including the actual makeup and brushes. Enjoy!
1. Organic Wear tinted moisturizer with SPF 15.
2. Shiseido foundation brush, used with my tinted moisturizer. I’ve never used a better moisturizer/foundation brush before in my life.
3. Physicians Formula under eye Concealer Twins
4. Organic Wear 2-in-1 blush and bronzer. My all time favorite go to.
5. Organic Wear blush.
6. Smash Box fan brush. I use this with #5, just the blush, to finish off my cheek color.
7. Eco Tools Face Sculpting Brush used with my 2-in-1.
8. Smash Box cream eyeliner.
9. Sephora 2-in-1 eye shadow. I have an Organic Wear 2-in-1 but I strongly dislike the colors so I need to replace it. In the meantime I’m using this one.
10. Bare Escentuals cream eyeliner fine tipped brush.
11. Smash Box eye shadow brush.
12. Organic Wear mascara. My favorite mascara I’ve ever used and I’ve tried a lot of them! I have minuscule eyelashes so trust me when I say I’ve tried them all out!
13. Eco Tools Lash & Brow Duo to smooth out any eyelash clumps.
14. Eyelash curler. No clue where it’s from!
15. Smashbox lip gloss.
16. Smashbox lip liner. Quick tip, which you might already know because you wear more makeup than me, but it was news to me: the liner isn’t for the 80’s style thick lining of your lips. You use a similar color to the lip color you’re using and gently and lightly fill in your entire lips. Then apply lip color. It allows the color to stay longer and when the color wears off you’ll still have a light tint on your lips. I do it all the time now and it’s the best tip I’ve ever learned.
So that’s my makeup collection. Very simple, not high maintenance and a few product recommendations. If you’re interested in any specific colors that I use feel free to reach out. Or, if you have questions on switching to organic makeup or on the Organic Wear brand don’t hesitate to ask!Note: None of the brands listed above know anything about me. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own and I really just love sharing my favorite things with my readers!