I’m no coffee drinker, but my better half is for sure. He loves ice coffee in the warm weather just as much as the next person. But, me, being the cheapest person on earth can’t stand to see outrageous amounts of money tossed away on iced coffee and iced tea. I’ve made iced tea at home forever, tea is my morning drink preference, and I figured it was about time I started making some iced coffee as well. This was the easiest process ever.
- 3/4 cup ground coffee
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Combine coffee and water in a large container.
- Refrigerate and soak overnight or for 10 hours. I just let them soak overnight.
- Using a fine mesh strainer or a coffee filter, strain to separate water and coffee. I don't own a fine mesh strainer so I placed a coffee filter over a wide-mouthed jar. I secured it with a rubber band and strained that way. It did take patience because it strains slowly, but I would simply fill the filter up and go do something else, come back and re-fill, etc.
- Once it was completely filtered store in a jar and refrigerated.
- I tasted it and it meant nothing to me, but Al said it was really good! You can multiply the recipe to make however much you want. This makes about three cups. Do you guys have an easy way of making iced coffee? This was the simplest I've found yet so I'm sticking with it unless I find something even simpler. Enjoy!