Happy Friday! Is it Thanksgiving yet? These past two months have been SO busy! Lucky for us it’s Friday, it’s the weekend and despite that it’s currently snowing it’s going to be 60 and sunny tomorrow! Linking up again today. Have a great weekend!
1. This made me laugh so hard. When I was driving home from work I asked Siri if the Sox won game 3. She responded quite accurately. They did in fact narrowly defeat the Tigers. Kind of like last night too…
2. First October snow this year! Well, not really, I was traveling for the last one so this is the first snow I’ve seen. It’s so pretty when the leaves are colored and they’re dusted with snow.
3. We checked out the casinos for the first time here in CO. We had a blast and came home in the black!
4. My company hosted their first ever Volunteer Day. I spent nearly 8 hours (was supposed to leave after 4 but I love volunteering!) at the local Ronald McDonald House. We cleaned and organized the entire house, top to bottom. We cooked lunch and dinner for all the residents and then we got to sit down and chat with them too. This was one of the chili’s we made – the veggie one. It was a huge hit on a cool October night. It’s amazing how you really don’t know what goes on behind the scenes in people’s lives.
I never really knew the mission of the Ronald McDonald Houses until volunteering there last year. People of all financial statuses and situations stay there. The one thing I always think about was an interaction I had with a woman who I met last year. She was visibly not struggling financially, and she was transparent about that. So I asked her what it is that brings her back here every time her daughter is hospitalized and she said the sense of community; the people like us that interact with them; the fact that they never have to think about their next meal or a place to stay. That they can focus 100% of their energy on their daughter, who needs it most. I love that the Houses are open to everyone, whether you have the money to stay elsewhere or not. That one woman I spoke with for so long did share with me that she and her husband donate regularly to the house because of all they’ve done for her family. It’s just really great. I love it there and since it’s only 5 blocks from our house I’m hoping to make it a regular activity of volunteering our time there. That was a very long blurb about vegetarian chili.
5. This was our ride back from the casino earlier this week. Sometimes I feel like I’m on a roller coaster when we’re coming down the mountains. Other times I feel like I’m going to vomit. So, I guess that’s still similar to the roller coaster. Anyway, there’s always the greatest views and I feel like every time we see something different. This time we saw a few deer just grazing on the side of the road!
Have a GREAT weekend guys!