Everyone always has a ton of advice for someone getting married. My advice is to ignore it all.
But I do have some tips that might make your day go a bit smoother; things that worked well for us. Be honest with yourself, it’s a stressful day with a lot of emotions, a lot of moving parts and a LOT of people all there for you.
- Start with a plan. Have an itinerary for the day of the wedding set beforehand. You don’t want to be rushing around in the morning because you have no clue what time your hair appointment is. List out everything that needs to be done, the timing of it and who it involves. Also include contact information for important people: hair, florists, drivers, etc.
- Make sure your husband/wife to be has an extra pair of contacts. Because odds are he’ll rip one, you’ll be an hour from home and he’ll have to book it back there to get another pair. But I mean I don’t speak from experience or anything…
- Eat. Make sure you have food and beverages (both alcoholic and non!) on hand the day of. Foods that your wedding party can graze on are ideal.
- Have contact information of important folks with you at the wedding. We had an issue with our transportation and our after party but I was able to resolve it quickly because I had contact numbers on hand.
- Have fun. Don’t get caught up in the details during the party. This day goes by so fast. You’ve put so much hard work into it, if one small thing is not perfect, forget about it and move on. You’re there to have the time of your life with everyone in one room that cares about you. Make it awesome!
I know there’s a whole slew of things that I’m forgetting so feel free to chime in with comments. Keeping things simple and organized were what worked best for us. Good luck!