We’re still working through all the delicious pumpkin I pureed this fall. And since I love pumpkin and chocolate chip cookies and had all ingredients on hand I figured I should combine the two. They were incredibly soft and they also froze really well. Best surprise ever getting home from vacation and remembering you froze the last few cookies.
Start by not dropping your entire sugar container on the floor. Luckily there was exactly a half cup remaining in the dropped container.
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (found in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I added some peanut butter chips too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until mixed well.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are blended well.
- Slowly add all dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.
- Baking time can vary depending on the size of the cookies.