Long weekend, short week means we made it to the weekend a lot faster! And thank heavens for that. Anything good for your weekend? We have nothing too exciting in plan, though I’m sure we’ll find something! Enjoy the weekend, hope the sun is shining where you are! Linking up today.
1. Last weekend was a busy one in the city. We visited the Denver Flea, which was similar to SOWA if you’re from Boston. It was a pilot, so they were testing the waters. It was packed which is likely a good sign that they’ll expand it – and I sure hope they do. Loved this chalk sign in one of the booths!
2. At said Denver Flea I picked up this handmade soy candle. The crafter used all vintage glassware containers that she finds at thrift stores, yard sales, estate sales, etc. and then makes candles in them. I wish I took a photo of her set up, all the colors were beautiful!
3. For the first time in I think two years I bought new shoes that have height to them and aren’t TOMS. That broken foot has lingered a loooooong time and shoes have been a problem. Finally found not one, but two pairs that don’t hurt after three minutes where the break in the foot was.
4. Much of last weekend was gray and rainy here in Denver. I’ve been wanting to visit this old bookstore, Tattered Cover, for a while since all the natives talk about it out here. We decided to walk there and the second we stepped inside it started pouring. So we grabbed some tea and books and hung out for a while. I love book stores. Especially old, huge ones with loads of people hanging out reading.
5. I’ve been getting some therapy done on my neck as it’s been hurting for a while. I hold all tension and stress in my neck and shoulders so my head is basically pushing forward, not helping the problem, and headaches are increased as well. This is how I spend each evening and I kind of love it. If you have a foam roller I totally recommend laying on it and moving your arms up and down over your head. It’s the best stretch and I already feel a difference after just a week.