Guys, this is the easiest, most delicious meal I’ve ever made. I say meal because we’ve definitely eaten it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I usually make it for dinner and then we have leftovers for the next day because it makes a ton.
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes
- 8 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large cast iron skillet with whatever oil you normally would grease with - I used coconut oil. Warm on low heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mix to coat with the oil. Cook the sweet potatoes for about 5-8 minutes, on medium-low heat, tossing throughout so they don't stick.
- Add the ground sausage, breaking up and mixing into the potatoes. Now here's the thing, the sausage I use is from the meat counter at Whole Foods. It's ground breakfast sausage that is already seasoned, so it saves me the trouble of adding flavor because it's already mixed into the meat. I swear it's what makes this recipe so easy and so tasty.
- Cook on medium-low until the sausage is cooked through, likely about another 5-8 minutes.
- Turn heat off and crack eggs over the hash. I just crack the eggs randomly throughout.
- Stick the whole cast iron pan in the oven to cook for another 10 minutes, just enough to set the eggs but not over cook them.
- Dig in and EAT. It's so good, so simple, and there's only one dish to wash when you're done!
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A CAST IRON PAN:
You should get one (!), but you can still make this delicious meal! Cook your sweet potatoes and sausage in a large skillet following the steps above and then transfer to a baking dish. Crack your eggs over the hash and back. Same amazing results, just more dishes to clean.