For the love we made it to Friday. There was a time around Tuesday-ish when I didn’t think I’d make it. For some reason I’ve been a disastrous hot mess this week and I have no clue why. Likely due to trying to get too many things done at once, which results in not sleeping well and not finding time to exercise and not actually accomplishing the too many things. Pushing the reset button and getting back on track is my plan for the weekend.
What’s good for your weekend? I hope it’s sunny and bright and you can get outside. Have a good one, I’ll be back next week, in a more organized fashion, revealing our bathroom – FINALLY.
1. That sidewalk and concrete slab in the middle of our yard = gone. I’m so glad we hired out for that project. More on that soon – what we choose to hire out and what we don’t. They did in three minutes what would have taken us three days!
2. Headed up to Red Rocks last weekend to take family photos of friends. The drive was so peaceful and calming. Such a gorgeous day for photos. If you’re ever in CO you have to at least drive through Red Rocks.
3. The shed that was also in the middle of our yard (built on the slab in #1) was taken down piece by piece. I love that we can now see what our yard will actually look like! We put the shed on Craigslist for free. A couple showed up in a mini van and SUV and took the whole thing down over three days. It was the way to go – no labor from us, no cost to us to dispose of it. We’re thisclose to having a legit backyard.
4. We planted some shrubs and cleaned up the front yard. It’s amazing how adding some mulch, a few bushes, flowers and flagstone pieces make the whole space look different. I’m crafting a post on the how to and costs of that project. I’m in charge of watering every morning and I love the quiet mornings with a cup of tea while watering. Now let’s just hope I don’t kill them.
5. I went to happy hour with a friend this week and on my way home I took a wrong turn so instead of hopping on the highway I took back roads. Thankful for that because I had this view! Not sure there’s anyone as cloud obsessed as I am.