Happy Friday! As noticed from the lack of posting this week it has taken me a full week to recover from turning 30 and from the wedding weekend in Illinois with Al’s family. I can’t party like I used to be able to. Who am I kidding, I could never party. I’m hoping to have an easy weekend and be back to normal on Monday. There are like 9 different body parts that ache on me right now. Is this what 30 feels like?!
Hope you guys have a great weekend. As I said, we’re looking forward to a chill weekend at home, wrapping up some half-finished projects, maybe getting a hike in if my limbs are still attached with the rate I’m going, hitting up the farmers market and sitting my ass on the front porch with a book.
1. This here melts my heart. She is our first niece and my mind is blown that this month she’ll be a whole decade old. We don’t get to see her as much as we’d like but I think about her constantly and every time we do see her I’m in awe at how much she’s grown and matured. I’m thinking we should start selling her on college in Colorado now. Also, I’ve never seen dance moves from a 10-year-old like she whips out in the snap of a finger.
2. Best part of wedding weekends when you all live in different places is being together with family and friends (who are basically family).
3. It was hard capturing photos since we were both in the wedding, but I stole this one from the grooms’ (Al’s bro) Facebook page of the beautiful couple. My sister-in-law is Serbian and their culture was so prevalent throughout the weekend. It was really quite amazing and beautiful.
4. This love. Our second niece since we’re talking about nieces today, is the sweetest baby ever. She’s 8 months old next week and I’m not sure how. The last I checked she was just born. Can’t wait to smooch those cheeks next month.
5. Completely random from this week but this was the max amount of energy I could muster this week for anything house related. I purged the majority of our closet and dresser. I think I’m nesting except I’m not having a baby I’m hitting the road for three months of work travel. This was so satisfying though and much overdue. All of it is heading to the consignment shop this weekend and whatever isn’t taken will be donated. It got me in the mood to go through every room and closet and purge, purge, purge. Shit just piles up when you have a house, even if you do everything in your power to prevent it!