With the change of seasons upon us I felt like it was time to give some attention to my skin in preparation for cooler months. I’ve found over the last few years with a demanding job I’ve gotten away from my roots and have turned to the convenience of store-bought products. Problem is even the “natural” and “green” products are still full of junk.
I’m trying to get back to making the skin care products I use and this was a good start. The build up on our faces is intense with sweat, makeup, oil and more. Every so often it’s nice to clear the junk away and start fresh. I’m no stranger to body scrubs, as I’ve made a lemon one and a vanilla one in the past, but this was my first face specific scrub.
- 1 tsp lemon juice (about 1/4 of a small lemon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- small container
- Add the lemon juice and honey to a small bowl and then slowly shake in the baking soda, stirring as you add it in, to form a thin paste.
- Add to a small container or mason jar. I keep mine in the shower so I used a small plastic container in case I drop it.
- Rinse your face and pat dry. Gently rub the scrub over your skin and let sit for a minute or two. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- I use this as needed, but typically every 10-14 days or so. It depends if I've been wearing a lot of makeup lately or not - I typically don't wear makeup regularly since I work from home and keep a bare face (let that skin air out!). It's always so refreshing though when I do exfoliate and start fresh.