I had plans to write this post two weeks ago, but ya know, a two month old and stuff. Hope you all had a great New Year and are excited for the fresh start. I love a New Year (kind of like I love a new month too). I try hard not to make strict resolutions but more of things I want to focus on. Things that are a work in progress.
This year my focus is on these things:
- Reduce food waste. I noticed over the last year that we were wasting a lot of food. Whether it be produce gone bad, leftovers not eaten, half drank cans of La Croix’s, etc. So, yes, we did have pasta and meatballs and taco salad for dinner one night because I wasn’t going to waste either and they both needed to be eaten.
- Reduce waste overall. In recent months we’ve had SO much trash and recycling. Probably due to new baby, eating at home more, deliveries, etc. but I’ve been shocked at how often we’ve been taking out the trash. Once the little guy is big enough we’ll start him on cloth diapers and that should help. Also trying to be aware of the products we purchase and the packaging that comes along with said purchases.
Al’s focused on trying something new each month, so I’m kind of getting on board with that too. For January it’s meditating everyday, which I’ve done three days so far, so I mean not bad, but still working to get it done daily.
Other things, kind of just in the back of my mind, that I’d like to work on are:
- Read more. I do this every year and improve a little each year. I’m trying to read while nursing Louie instead of sitting on phone. I’ve already finished one book, am half way through another and have started a third!
- Read Harry Potter. For Christmas we did the whole something you want, you need, to wear, to read. Al gave me the first Harry Potter book because after like 15 years I thought maybe I should see what it’s all about.
- Watch less TV/more documentaries. When I’m tired I watch reruns of things I’ve seen a million times. I want to use that time for other, more productive things (reading, meditating). On the flip side, when I DO want to watch TV I want to tune in to more documentaries. I love them and there are so many great ones on Netflix.
What are you guys focused on for 2017? Biggest thing for me is setting reachable goals and I think all of these are. I’m excited to get back to blogging regularly too! Two month update on the little guy is coming this week too. Stay tuned!