Where we source our food from is very important to us. For the last 6 years we have had all of our meat delivered through a local company called Locavore. Each month we get a surprise variety of meat but fairy regularly we get ground Italian sausage.
I’ve been trying to have regular, quick meals, on hand to use with the meat we get. This is one of the easiest soups to make and is delicious with the flavor of the Italian sausage. Enjoy!
Italian Sausage Soup
Simple weeknight meal.
Write a review
- Olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Add a bit of oil to a medium saucepan and add the sausage. Cook the meat until browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth and bring to boil.
- Turn the burner to simmer and stir in the spinach. Let simmer until spinach is fully wilted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- I didn't feel we needed more seasoning because the sausage flavor was so good, but you can add to your taste with other spices.
Everyday Originals http://everydayoriginals.com/